Lightweight Survival Kit Air Droppable (SKAD)
The HDT Airborne Systems Lightweight Survival Kit – Air Droppable (LW SKAD) is qualified on various aircraft to provide a long range, fast response Search and Rescue capability. The LW SKAD can be utilized for water or land rescues and is readily adaptable to suit various life raft and survival equipment.
Fast and Accurate Deployment
- Deploys a temporary shelter with provisions until rescuers arrive.
- Enables highly reliable and accurate aerial delivery of survival equipment.
- Allows aircrew to be entirely self-supporting in the event of an ejection.
- Deploys two inflatable life rafts and survival gear into the water. Life rafts inflate automatically upon water immersion
- The life raft package is extracted from the LW SKAD container with a drogue parachute.
- Enhances stability and visibility in poor weather conditions with automatic deployment of life raft sea anchors and strobe lights.
- Deploys survival equipment designed to provide maximum protection in hostile environments such as Arctic, desert, and mountainous regions.
- Minimizes equipment dispersal and ensures precise delivery even in windy conditions, using the HDT Airborne Systems PR-A2 Ground Disconnect to release the recovery parachute from the survival equipment upon ground impact.
- Ensures easy location of deployed equipment under adverse conditions with a strobe light and audio alarm system.
- Adapt the Land SKAD to a general-purpose container to supply Special Forces.