Aerial Rescue Kit (ARK)
Designed for lifesaving search and rescue missions, the Marine Aerial Rescue Kit (ARK) is a hand-launched system deployed via the aft ramp or side door of an aircraft. The system delivers life rafts, which include complete survival equipment, to survivors in the water. Connected to each other with buoyant rope, up to four life raft kits can be dropped in a straight-line pattern on the water. A unique water-activated device inflates the life raft, detaching the drogue parachute and valise to avoid any possible entanglement with survivors.
Designed for Life-Saving Search and Rescue Missions
- Deploy up to four life raft kits, each containing a life raft complete with survival equipment.
- Customize contents choosing from a variety of life rafts and survival gear ensuring the use of current, in-service equipment.
- Provides easy access to equipment packed inside the raft, such as blankets, water, first aid kit, flares, etc. (as specified by the customer).
- Deploys more quickly and accurately with sea-level inflation and a fast acting sea anchor.
- Buoyant, connecting ropes guide survivors to the nearest life raft.
- Configure kits on the scene to allow for a variety of raft separation patterns.
- Train personnel and improve deployment accuracy with an optional training system which replicates the operational system in size, weight, and form.