8m Low Level Parachute (LLP) / Low Level Reserve Parachute (LLRP)
Designed and developed to enable mass tactical assault jumps from heights as low as 76 m (250 ft). HDT Airborne Systems' 8m Low Level Parachute system includes the Low Level Reserve Parachute (LLRP). The assembly can be deployed at speeds up to 140 knots (260 km/h) from tactical transport aircraft. Four mesh covered stability slots ensure rapid damping of canopy oscillation, a critical feature in a low level parachute.
Highly Engineered Aeroconical Canopy
- Jump from heights as low as 76 m (250 ft).
- Reduce height loss and ensure repeatable inflation with air scoops that provide positive opening characteristics and resistance to line twisting.
- Eliminate risk of malfunctioning at inflation through use of net skirt.
- Reduce risk of collision with other parachutist via lift-webs/risers control.
- Adjusting the harness provides a correct fit for all troop sizes with a three-point, split-saddle closure harness including canopy ground release.
- Easily attach reserve parachute assembly and carrying strap assembly for weapons and equipment using two sets of D-ring anchorage points.
Low Level Reserve Parachute (LLRP)
Benefiting from the high canopy opening tolerances expected of ejection seat parachutes, the Low Level Reserve Parachute (LLRP) is a very safe low profile, chest-mounted reserve assembly. It is used as a back-up system for troop parachutes and has been cleared for drops from altitudes as low as 76m (250 ft).
The LLRP inflates quickly, at low and high speeds, eliminating the risk of the reserve canopy conflicting with the canopy of the main parachute.
The LLRP can be used as reserve parachute with a variety of main parachute systems.
Multi-functioning with a Low Profile
- Enables extraction and inflation at lower level altitude.
- Provides stability with the combination of an apex vent and four other mesh covered vents equally spaced around the canopy.
- Deploys with either hand using the centrally-positioned ripcord handle.
- Integrates easily with other equipment due to its non-obstructive low profile and slim pack
- Improves ground visibility during descent.
- Eliminates the requirement for a tiedown strap with strategically placed attachment hooks.