Naval Decoy IDS300
HDT Airborne Systems' IDS300 anti-RF missile corner reflector naval countermeasure is a ship-deployed, passive radio frequency (RF), anti-missile countermeasure, used in seduction, distraction, confusion and signature management roles, and is particularly suited to littoral operations. HDT Airborne Systems’ decoy system has a proven in-service record with a number of NATO members’ warships, including the UK Royal Navy Type 45 Destroyer.
Independent Rapid Response
- Creates a ship-like return over time with a Radar Cross-Section (RCS) that varies on the sea surface similar to a ship’s pattern.
- Achieves Radar Cross Sections (RCS) in excess of 500,000 m2 from a single decoy.
- Launches regardless of ship speed/direction and wind speed direction.
- Fires manually or integrates fully with the ship’s combat system.
- Does not require the support of other countermeasures, such as jammers.
- Designed and manufactured to meet customer specifications for performance requirements and fighting tactics.
- Consistent radar reflector performance, regardless of the threat direction, bearing or azimuth
- Does not interfere with other systems on the ship.
- Resistant to chaff discriminators of modern ECCM missile seekers.
- Capable against broad frequency, agile, coherent and LPI threats.
- Suitable for use against supersonic and late turn threats
Compact and Ready for Use
- Stores ready for use in a low RCS launcher.
- Typical ship fitment consists of 4 launchers, which are easily fitted to the ship with only 8 bolts and 1 electrical cable.
- Requires minimal crew training, for an extremely low cost per life-cycle.