The HDT Airborne Systems Helicopter Abseil System enables the rapid descent of fully equipped troops during tactical helicopter operations and can be configured to specific operational needs, helicopter types or operating procedures.
Designed for Strength and Reliability
- Adjusts for safety and comfort with a step-in, full-body harness of 45 mm bonded nylon webbing.
- Controls the rate of descent for troops or equipment with a simple non-mechanical device, the Horned Lowering Link (HOLK).
- Secures descent of heavily equipped troops using a karabiner connecting the HOLK to the harness capable of sustaining a load of 30 kN.
- Descends using a high–flexibility, low-stretch and kink resistant 11 mm polyester abseiling rope.
- Maintains easily thanks to a water-proof, rot -proof and abrasion-resistant rope.
- Handles securely using a sturdy Rope Dispenser Bag Assembly providing protection in all operational environments.
- Additional equipment is available to complement the Helicopter Abseil System, including Abseiling Gloves, Stores-Lowering Equipment, and Quick Release Fittings (QRF).