The FireFly was selected by the U.S. DoD as the system of choice for the U.S. 2,000 lb. Joint Precision Aerial Delivery System (JPADS 2k) program and is currently being used in operational theater to reliably deliver supplies and equipment to US forces in remote locations.
The system’s guidance, navigation and control software analyzes its environment in real time. This ensures accurate payload delivery while its long-distance capability increases safety for the aircrew and receiving unit by reducing the need for ground logistics.
An Advanced System that is Accurate, Reliable and Easy-to-Use
- Accurate, Reliable and Easy-to-Use technology
- Ability to carry unmanned payloads up to 2,200 lb (1.000 kg) dropped from altitudes up to 25,000 feet.
- Flight range up to 25 kilometers or more given environmental conditions.
- On target accuracy within 150 meters maximum of the designated impact point.
- Continual adjustments for wind conditions until the final flare to land.
- Programming compatibility with the JPADS Mission Planner or remote control unit:
- Provides guidance, navigation and control software for greater accuracy and better reliability
- Monitors the status of systems while onboard the aircraft prior to drop
- Monitors directional heading during flight ensuring landing on designated impact point.
- Enables manual operator override with handheld device