Selected as the system of choice for the U.S. 10,000 lb. Joint Precision Aerial Delivery System (JPADS 10k) program, the DragonFly™ is a fully autonomous GPS-guided cargo delivery system. Featuring a fully elliptical ram air parachute canopy, it has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to land within 150 meters of a designated Impact Point.
Accurate and Easy to Use
- Using only Impact Point data, the AGU calculates its position four times per second and continually adjusts its flight algorithm to ensure maximum accuracy.
- Has a glide ratio of 3.75:1 for maximum offset capability.
- A unique modular system allows the Airborne Guidance Unit (AGU) to be charged while the canopy is being packed, enabling turnaround times of less than four hours between drops.
- Comes standard with an HDT Airborne Systems Mission Planner capable of running simulated missions in virtual operational environments when using terrain-mapping software. The DragonFly™ is also compatible with the current US JPADS Mission Planner (JPADS MP).
- Can be rigged for extraction or gravity drop using a conventional G-11 style deployment bag with one standard release away static line.