Part of the HDT Airborne Systems family of Guided Precision Aerial Delivery Systems (GPADS), the 2K1T is a lower cost, one-time use ram air parachute that complements our 2K FireFly™ system. The 2K1T parachute delivers the same high performance and capability as the 2k FireFly™ parachute, but enables the soldier to cut the payload and guidance system free, leaving the parachute behind. Using the lower cost 2K1T parachute reduces the equipment cost when aerial delivery operational constraints dictate that the parachute cannot be recovered, providing greater operational flexibility.
The 2K FireFly™ was selected as the system of choice by the U.S. Army as part of the JPADS 2K Program and is currently being used in operational theaters to deliver supplies and equipment to forces in remote locations. The 2K1T parachute is modeled after the FireFly™ parachute, but is constructed using alternative materials and manufacturing processes to reduce cost without sacrificing performance.
- Add flexibility and increase options for the commanders in the field
- Lower cost for precision airdrops.
- Enhance the safety of ground forces by eliminating the need to recover the parachute.
- Rated for loads up to 2,200 lbs (1.000 kg).
- Drop from high altitudes up to 25,000 ft AMSL with a 20 km stand-off (in zero wind condition), for an accurate landing within 150 meters of the pre-defined impact point.
- Eliminate maintenance, training and rigger support, as it is delivered packed ready for deployment requiring only simple rigging to the payload.
- Lower cost of equipment thanks to innovative use of fabric material and construction methods.
- A pre-packed ready-to-use parachute to go with the FireFly™ AGU and autonomous navigation software.