Atlas PR-A2 Parachute Release
The Atlas PR-A2 Parachute Release separates the parachute from its cargo after accurately sensing a reduction in the suspended weight upon ground impact, preventing cargo dragging, damage or loss. The rugged features, reliability and most importantly, the purely mechanical inner workings (without pyrotechnics or electronics) make the HDT Airborne Systems Atlas PR-A2 the ideal parachute release choice.
The Atlas Parachute Release PRA2 is currently in service with the Canadian Forces and is integrated into all Container Delivery System (CDS) and Heavy Equipment (HE) rigged air resupply payloads. The PRA2 just successfully completed the operational testing & evaluation to be included in the Major Air Disaster Kit (MAJAID).
Rugged and Easy-To-Use
- Handles weights from 500 to 5000 lb.
- No need for specialized connection hardware.
- 100% mechanical operation means unlimited shelf life. There are no batteries to replace, fluids to refill, or pyrotechnics to re-certify.
- Use the timer to prevent premature release during the parachute deployment phase allowing the parachute and cargo weight to stabilize.
- Water and corrosion resistance means no regular repair or overhaul is required.
- Meets in-service requirements for acceleration, vibration, shock, sand, dust and temperature extremes.
Atlas PR-A2 Tester:
- The PR-A2 Tester tests the HDT Airborne Systems family of Parachute Releases. The self-contained, battery-powered unit is compact and portable.
Reliable and Rugged
- Solid construction allows the unit to be used anytime and anywhere.
- Displays the applied force directly in force units.
- The PR-A2 attaches easily to the tester.
- Includes a safety mechanism to protect against violent openings and rubber feet to protect work surfaces.