The 100-CFM H100-424-35 GPFU is a pull-through filtration system that provides military vehicles the most compact, energy efficient CBRN filtration system available. The system is externally mounted to the vehicle in a ballistic protected enclosure. New features include a dust separation module, bypass vent fan blower and digital controller with integrated JCAD detector capability.
When equipped with the M48A1 CBRN Filter Canister, the GPFU is designed to remove toxic chemical and biological warfare agents and gases (vapor) and aerosol (particulate) contaminants from the airstream. The system provides a positive-pressure, toxic-free collective protection area for personnel and equipment.
- Automatic variable pressure control to 3.25 IWG (810 Pa) in the protected compartment.
- Fresh air bypass for non-CBRN operation with auto switch over with power lock on Chemical Detector CBRN event or manual Start.
- The GPFU is designed with a high efficiency particle separator and a scavenger blower for over 90% efficiency for dust and sand.
- Remote System Control Module (SCM) with the following capabilities:
- Intuitive graphic displays of compartments pressure and pressure loss through the CBRN filter.
- Provides Audible and visual alarms for compartment low pressure and CBRN event.
- Integrates with two Chemical detectors, internal and external (JCAD or LCD).
- Automatically start the CBRN GPFU on CBRN event from Chemical Detectors.
- Manual Override for Start, Stop and Audible Alarm.
- Automatic light intensity control.
- Filter Replacement: A simple clamping mechanism allows CBRN Filter Canister replacement within 5 minutes by an individual in MOPP IV without the use of tools.
- Brushless 27.5 Vdc blower.